Part II: Choose a Major
The career I decided to choose was an “Emergency Manager” Emergency
managers are needed everywhere and are involved in just about everything. They
are needed by fortune 500 companies to local government. They plan for the best but also the worst.
The reason I picked this career is because I can use the experience I’ve
already acquired in life but also purse a formal degree in this field. The job summary states Emergency Mangers:
“Consult with government, school, and hospital officials
to make plans for handling disasters and emergency situations. They direct emergency
activities, such as ordering evacuations, sending response units to sites,
opening shelters, and setting up command centers.”
You are the first person people come to when issues
arise. You need the ability to lead and also make decisions regarding
everyone’s lives. Sometimes this decisions are life changing and sometimes they
could lead to a person’s death. Not many people can handle these types of
situations. With the growing threat of terrorism and hostage situations. The
job growth for Emergency Mangers is steady. The entry level salary starts at 6k
to 10k a month. The salary for these jobs is also dependent on education and
experience. Emergency mangers have careers that cross into law enforcement and
public safety. Related educations programs involve Criminal Justice, Economics,
Fire control and Public safety. These are all programs which are offered
locally and throughout the country. Many colleges offer these programs
online.
No comments:
Post a Comment