Thursday, January 22, 2015

Part VI: Interview Strategy

I always tend to try and research everything I can about the company I’m applying to. Find out any programs and the history of the company. While I always read the job description due to the way the economy has been I look at financial information too. I don’t want to end up working for a company going through financial issues or laying people off. It also gives you information on what they are looking for. Next I use Google. You can pretty much find anything on Google. Research the company and find reviews from past employees. While I normally take their information with a grain of salt. It gives you more information about the insides of the company. Lastly I try and find someone who currently works there and try and get some information. The more you know about a company the better it is going into an interview. It shows you are interested in the company and also care about this interview
1.       Tell me about yourself
a.       I grew up in California and lived all my life in Morgan Hill. I come from a big family and spent many months traveling the country with my family. I went to Oklahoma State University after high school. I wasn't not able to finish so I transferred to Mission college. I graduated with a 2 year degree in Fire Technology. I went on to go to paramedic school and have currently been working in EMS for the past 6 years.
2.       Why Should I hire you?
a.       You should I hire me because I am a dedicated hard working person. I and highly motivated every day I wake up. I always try to leave a place better than I arrived.
3.       What is your long-range objective?
a.       My long-range objective is to find a career and job where I can have a nice future. Job stability is key for me in life. I need a job where I can work and afford to live in the Bay Area. I don’t mind have to work a little extra but I would like to find a job with a steady requirement.
4.       How has your education prepared you for your career?
a.       My education have given me a strong background in public safety. I am able to provide top knowledge in emergency medicine, fire protection and many other fields.
5.       Are you a team player?
a.       Being a team player is key to any task in life. Working together as a team allows bigger tasks to be accomplished and keep employee moral high. I’m a big fan of team work and being a team player.
6.       Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved
a.       We are all different people and have different opinions. I feel everyone is allowed to have an opinion and give it. I don’t think it is ever correct to disrespect people. If I feel something is not right. I would try and explain my opinion and understand the other person’s. If we are not able to come to a resolution. I would ask to meet with my bosses’ professor.  Hopefully then we would come to an answer.
7.       What is your greatest weakness?
a.       I believe my greatest weakness was my education. I never took school too serious and believed I would always just do fine. I never applied myself and never learned many key lessons in high school. Now I take my education very seriously and always try to learn something new. I make it a point to take a class or go to a convention once a year and learn something.
8.       If you were to ask your professors (or your boss) to describe you, what would they say?
a.       I believe they would tell you how hard working I am. I always work any shifts that are open. I am a team player and always try to help others in need. I am dedicated to finishing my work on time.
9.       What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?
a.       I think communication is key. For any team to work and function properly. They need a leader who can communicate. They need to be able to relay the overall message and have the team understand it. They need to be able to communicate during times of stress and during calm times. We have all had people who we were able to work with because we didn’t understand them or they don’t tell us properly what to do.
10.   If you had to live your life over again, what one thing would you change?

a.       The one thing I would change is going to college straight out of high school. I would have figured out what I really wanted to do. I would have become a paramedic sooner and not gotten into debt from school. I also would have taken more classes at a community college and focused on having two degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment