Sunday, January 11, 2015

Class Reflection


COUNS 12
January 11, 2015
So far my experiences in this class have been quite interesting. I have been able to discover other careers and possible back up careers. While I've known for quite an awhile about which career I wished to pursue.   My current career does not offer the job safety like most. By taking some of the tests, it has helped me discover that I need to go back to school and I also need to look into diversity my education. While two weeks might look like not a lot of time. It has given some time to think about my current life and discover other passions I have forgotten.  I have really enjoyed taking the assessment tests and talking with other students. Finding out about everyone and their current career’s and motivations has been great. It is nice to see and read about other people pursing their careers. It is also nice to see people have a passion about life.  While I took this class to fulfill a requirement for transfer. I would highly recommend it to new students and high school students. Many people do not know what they wish to do once they graduate high school. Some spend so much time in community colleges trying to discover what career they wish to purse. If they took this class early on they would able to narrow down their options and find a career that suits their goals and personality.
Managing my time in this class has been quite easy. As long as you pace yourself and do the required material early on. There shouldn't be any problem doing the work. I tend to try and schedule a couple of the assignments at a time. This week has been quite interesting because there was multiple items due on Thursday. If you didn't do a little at a time, you probably wouldn't be able to finish everything on time. I mainly took this class because it is online and you can move at your own pace.  I wouldn't recommend this class for everyone if you don’t have some down time due to family or work. It requires typing and moving at a face college pace.  I am currently taking this class and another class during winter break.  They both require at least 2.5 hours of work a day between the reading and then assignments. If you’re not a procrastinator I would highly recommend this class.
           



No comments:

Post a Comment